- ¼ kg sabudana
- 100 gms groundnuts without skin
- 3-4 boiled potatoes
- Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green chilies
- Kadi Pata ( edible leaves )
- Soak the sabudana in approximately ½ glass of water for about an hour.
- Boil the potatoes, peel it and cut it into very small pieces and keep aside.
- Crush the groundnuts in the grinder.
- Take a pan or kadai, put two tea spoons of oil in it and heat it. Add 4-5 leaves of kadi patta (Curry Leaves) and green chillies in the oil.
- Now add the peeled and cut potatoes and mix it for a while and then add the soaked sabudana.
- Mix well for 2-3 minutes on slow flame.
- After around 4mins add the groundnut mixture and mix well. Add salt and black pepper powder to taste.
- Mix well and keep it on slow flame for around 10mins. After this becomes soft put on the lid and add a few drops of water and keep it on the flame for around 2-3 minutes.
- Mix this mixture well and then put off the gas.
Accompaniment: Eat this sabudana khichdi with cold curd.