-Tomatoes: 1 kg.
-Ginger and garlic paste: 30grams.
-Cashew nuts: 250grams.
-Green chilies: 6-8 nos.
-Red chilies (de seeded): 10-15 nos.
-Salt to taste.
-Cloves: 10 nos.
-Green cardamom: 10 nos.
-Ginger: 1 inch.
-Kasoori methi (fenugreek): 10 grams.
-Honey (optional): 20 ml.
Method:1. Wash and roughly chop tomatoes. Put in a handi with 300ml of water and boil on medium heat.
2. Wash and boil cashew nuts separately, make its paste in a blender, strain it in a sieve and keep aside.
3. Wash , slit , deseed the green chilies, roughly chop and add to the tomatoes.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, red chilies, cloves, cardamom and salt to tomatoes and cook till it gets mashed and reduced to a saucy consistency. strain it also through a strainer, preferably with medium size holes.
5. Bring the tomato puree to a boil again, add cashew nut paste, butter, kasoori methi and if its too sour, add honey.
6. Finish it with cream.
7. If possible put a piece of burning charcoal to it and take it out after a minute, to give your gravy a distinct taste.
Author Details: Chef Specialist in Indian, Italian and French Continental Cuisines.