To roast the peppers, place the peppers in a hot oven turning occasionally, until it is evenly blistered and charred on all sides. Place in a brown paper or plastic and set aside until cool enough to handle. Slide the skin off and scrape out the stem, seeds and ribs. Pat the flesh dry.
1. 250g fussili pasta
2. 2 bell peppers (red and yellow)
3. ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
4. 40g parmesan cheese shavings
5. salt to taste
6. freshly ground pepper to taste
¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
For Garlic Vinaigrette:
1. 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2. 2 garlic cloves, minced
3. 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette properly and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Cook fussili al dente. Drain the pasta and cool immediately under cold water. Drain well and keep aside.
3. Roast peppers, peel and cut them into thin strips.
4. Mix peppers, pasta, and cheese together. mix vinaigrette thoroughly and toss into the salad. Season with salt and peeper to taste.
5. Cover the salad and let stand for 3 to 4 hours. Serve at room temperature, sprinkled with pine nuts (if desired).