This great tasting versatile dip is easy to make. It can be served with pita bread as an appetizer or used as a spread for sandwiches. Use any herb of your choice like dill, mint etc.
1. 500g boiled chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2. 3 garlic cloves
3. 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice
4. 2-3 tbsp. water
5. ¼ cup chopped parsley
6. ¼ cup chopped coriander
7. 3 tbsp. olive oil
8. salt to taste
2 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp paprika pepper
1. Put chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, water, parsley and coriander in a processor or blender and process it to a smooth paste.
2. Add olive oil gradually stirring continuously. Stir in salt.
3. Shift to serving dish. To garnish pour olive oil on it and sprinkle paprika pepper over it.
4. Serve at room temperature.