This is a healthy, easy to make and great tasting cocktail snack. You can prepare the sticks in advance and roast them in the oven just before serving. Sprinkle some more masala just before serving to make them more spicy.
1. 50g paneer
2. 1 small green pepper
3. 1 small yellow pepper
4. 1 small onion
5. 1 small tomato
6. ¼ tsp. red chili powder
7. ¼ tsp. salt
8. ¼ tsp. dried mango powder (amchoor)
9. ¼ tsp. garam masala
10. ¼ tsp. cumin powder
11. a few tooth picks or skewers
12. 2 tsp. olive oil
13. a few drops of lemon
1. Cut paneer, green pepper, onion and tomatoes in cubes of ½ inch.
2. Mix all the dry spices (masalas) and keep aside.
3. Take a toothpick. Insert a piece of onion, green pepper, yellow pepper, tomato and paneer. Repeat the vegetables if you are using skewers.
4. Make such toothpicks with all the cubes.
5. Sprinkle olive oil on all the toothpicks.
6. Arrange these toothpicks on a plate and sprinkle the prepared masala liberally.
7. Bake these sticks in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200oC (till the spices (masalas) and the vegetables are slightly roasted).
8. Arrange in a serving dish, squeeze in some lemon juice on them and serve hot.