This is an Indianised Chinese snack which will surely hit your taste buds.
1. 125g potatoes, boiled and cut into ½-inch cube
2. 3 tbsp. plain flour
3. ½ tsp. salt
4. some water
5. vegetable oil for deep frying
6. 2 tsp. vegetable oil
7. 4-5 green chilies, chopped in long shreds
8. 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
9. 1 ½ tsp. soya sauce
10. 1 tbsp. chili sauce
11. 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
12. ½ tsp. sugar
13. ¼ tsp. pepper
14. ¼ tsp. salt
15. 2 tbsp. fresh chopped coriander
some fresh spring onions shreds
1. Mix plain flour and salt in a bowl and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency such that it properly coats the potatoes pieces.
2. Heat oil for deep-frying the potatoes pieces. Dip each potatoes piece in the batter making sure that it’s properly coated with the batter and deep-fry till brown and crispy.
3. Heat 2 tsp. oil and add green chilies and garlic and stir. Add soya sauce, chili sauce and tomato sauce and stir again.
4. Add sugar, salt and pepper and potatoes cubes and stir well.
5. Cook for a minute till the sauces coat the potatoes and stir the coriander leaves and shift to serving dish.
6. Garnish with the spring onions shreds.
7. Insert a toothpick in each potato cube and serve hot.