This is a popular sandwich version of popular Middle-Eastern dish. Vary the proportion of the ingredients to suit your taste. You could also put pineapples, pickles etc in the sandwich for a different taste.
1. 4 pita breads
2. 1 cup hummus
3. 16 falafels
4. ½ cup chopped onions
5. ½ cup chopped cucumber
6. ½ cup chopped cabbage
7. ½ chopped tomatoes
8. ½ cup feta cheese
9. ½ cup boiled sweet corn
10. ½ cup boiled rice (optional)
11. chili sauce to taste
1. 250g boiled chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2. 1 garlic clove
3. salt to taste
4. ½ tsp. lemon juice
5. 1 tsp. vegetable oil
6. 1 tsp. flour.
Some dry flour to cover the balls
Vegetable oil to deep fry the balls.
1. Warm up the pita breads. Cut the top 1-inch of the pita bread such that they become like a bag.
2. Take one pita bread and spread about 2 tbsp of hummus inside it and put ¼ portions of all the ingredients in it and lastly top again with about 2 tbsp. hummus. Similarly prepare all the other breads and serve immediately.
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend them in a food processor.
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
3. Make balls (about the size of a lime) of this mixture.
4. Heat the oil for deep-frying and deep fry 4-5 balls at a time.